Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fabulous Vogue covers

Here's some of my favourite Vogue covers from 1916-1979. It's a shame the incredible artwork was phased out sometime during the 1960s and the standard format was set. I just love the way the artist was given the freedom to incorporate the Vogue masthead into his artwork. Each one was a work of art. The top cover would have to be my favourite. The impact of black and white is sensational ... not to mention the clothes, the model and the pose.
If you would like to see more I found these at http://www.tylerlee.net/magcovers/exclusive/magvogue_uk.htm

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I've only just discovered you blog (through your vintage clothing site). I did a feature on your site on my blog if you would like to come have a look. Looking forward to reading your blog!

    Alysha

    ReplyDelete